This is my personal opinion.
Baristas are more likely to swear on an espresso machine. Traditionalists on the well-proven paper filter. Purists prefer the Turkish or Indonesian way of preparation.
For easy cleaning, I prepare my coffee mainly in the Frenchpress (stamp pot) or the mocha pot (Bialetti).
For my personal use I usually prepare the coffee in a so-called Frenchpress.
Handling (for a 300ml Frenchpress)
- Add about 16 grams of freshly ground coffee to the pot.
- Pour hot, but no longer boiling water over half of the pot
- Stir with a spoon or the like
- Top up with hot water
- Stamp on it (but do not press yet!)
- leave to infuse for approximately 4 minutes
- Carefully press the stamp down
- Et voilà - ready is the most straightforward way to make coffee
- can be used anywhere
- easy cleaning
- larger quantities possible (needs bigger pot)
- Coffee grounds can simply be poured away or (insider tip) diluted with water and given to the plants
- When pressing, a vacuum can occur (press carefully)
- No crema possible (requires at least 9 bar of pressure)